This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

a good on-screen couple

In honor of Valentine’s Day, I compiled a list of my favorite on-screen couples. During February, I love to watch rom-coms. I just love watching other people fall in love.

A good on-screen couple has to have good chemistry, along with a good storyline. I have to have some level of investment in their relationship and them staying together.

Here is a compilation of some of my favorite on-screen couples!

Bella and Edward

Bella and Edward from Twilight are iconic, and I could not write this article without mentioning the two of them.

Their relationship paved the way for so many other on-screen couples, so making this article without mentioning them would be an injustice.

Bella and Edward are so in love, and I will not deny that. It may seem a bit cringe-worthy at times, but in the grand scheme of things, they are adorable.

Hanna and Caleb

Hanna and Caleb from Pretty Little Liars are iconic. When I first watched Pretty Little Liars, they were my favorite couple. During my current rewatch, eight years later, I can still say, with confidence, that they are the best couple on the show.

Hanna and Caleb are from such different worlds. Hanna grew up financially stable, while Caleb did not. But they do not let their differences get in the way of their relationship. “A” does enough of that already.

Caleb also loves to help the main characters out by trying to find out who “A” is because he wants to protect Hanna. I find their relationship to be so incredibly sweet and adorable.

Lara Jean and Peter

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is everything I love in a rom-com.

Lara Jean and Peter have such good chemistry and their relationship is adorable. They start off fake dating (which is one of the best romance tropes out there) and, slowly, their relationship blossoms into more.

Lara Jean and Peter are seen in the three To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before movies, constantly being adorable. They have a relationship built on love and trust. Plus they set very clear boundaries.

I would also highly recommend checking out the book series that the movies are based on! Jenny Han is an amazing writer and the books are even better than the movies.

Magnus and Alec

Although the Shadowhunters TV show was a bit of a mess, Magnus and Alec were the best part of that show. Their relationship is adorable, and although it gets off to a rocky start, they bloom into one of the cutest relationships.

Magnus and Alec’s relationship is so healthy and they grow together, which is such an important but overlooked aspect of relationships when they are translated on-screen. They are such a good example of what a healthy relationship looks like.

Plus they carried this show. Their relationship was the best part of this series and I will die on that hill.

Katniss and Peeta

This couple is by far my favorite on-screen couple, so I had to save the best for last. Katniss and Peeta from The Hunger Games are iconic and their love is iconic.

If you are team Gale, I am disappointed because Peeta is just so much better.

They are so perfect together. They go through so much together and in the end still choose to be together. Katniss tends to express her love in a more stereotypically masculine way, while Peeta expresses his in a more stereotypically feminine way. Which is what sets them apart from other couples. Their love is so real and genuine.

IN conclusion

Valentine’s Day is not my favorite holiday, but I still love love. I love watching characters fall for one another and go through things together and grow through what they go through.

I hope these couples gave you some ideas of what to watch over Valentine’s Day. Happy watching!

Allison Conkey

Kent State '23

Allison is a senior at Kent State majoring in Human Development and Family Studies and a minor in Psychology. She is the Philanthropy and Community Events Director for Her Campus at Kent State. She is a cat mom and cat aunt! Most of her free time is spent reading, collage journaling, or spending time with friends.