This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Dear Loved Ones, 

Hello, it’s me Jasmine, your daughter, sister, best friend, girlfriend, etc. The list can go on and on for the different roles that I play but all the same, I love everyone special in my life. As Valentine’s Day approaches, I wanted to take the time to acknowledge everyone in my life and let them know how much I love them all. Being a far distance from family can be rough at times, but the love that I know I have from everyone helps get me through even my toughest days.  

Chandler Long Day
Giphy

To my mom, dad and brother, I love you guys so much. You all are the definition of my backbone and support. Your love is what keeps me going strong when I can’t find the strength on my own. I recently came home for the weekend and didn’t realize how much I missed a family dinner until I was sitting at the table with everyone. We all fell back into a rhythm with each other and it was like I had never left. Also to my dad, I’m sorry I don’t reach out as much as I should, just know that I love and miss you and when I have to make a decision your voice of reason is usually the first one I hear. 

To my extended family, I love the family that I got to grow up in. From all of my cousins and our crazy memories at grandma and grandpa’s to my aunts and uncles telling stories or making jokes at dinner. All of the traditions that make me feel very blessed and so much more. 

Someone Great Netflix
Netflix

To my best friends, from home and from school, I love all of our memories we’ve made together. You guys keep me sane and help me see the fun side of life when things get stressful. Friends I can laugh with, cry with and scream at the top of my lungs with. We are truly in it together and I’m so lucky to have that kind of love from people.

freestocks.org | Unsplash

Since it is almost Valentine’s Day, it only seems fitting to mention my boyfriend, Kevin. I love you so much and I know sometimes I don’t say it enough, but I really do. You have seen me at some of my best times and also some of my worst, and you’re still willing to drive three hours to see me at least once a month. That is crazy, and I love and appreciate you so much for it. Also, I guess I love your dumb jokes too, they make me laugh more than I’d like to admit.

I am truly blessed to have so much love in my life and I feel like everyone should take the time this Valentine’s Day to appreciate and show some love to the people in their lives. Spread the love. XOXO 

Ariana Blow Kiss
Giphy

Jasmine Maag

Kent State '23

Jasmine is super excited to be apart of Her Campus. She is a visual communications major and advertising minor and in her free time she likes to hangout with friends, read, and write in her journal.