Learning to love my small boobs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

I adore my small breasts. And I’m probably one of few flat-chested women who’ll say it so blatantly. I see the (bra) cup as half full rather than half empty. Let me say it’s only been recently that I’ve fallen in love with my breasts. I have experienced many stages of admiration, hate and acceptance with my bust. My A cups have made me a target of malicious body shaming. I remember walking down the street listening to a group of guys taunt my body and my breasts,

“Did you see how small her tits were?”

“I’d hit that if her boobs were bigger”.

I felt humiliated, my dignity destroyed. That instance was one of many when I allowed someone else to make me feel ashamed of MY OWN body. Which, looking back now, was utterly ridiculous.  Today I can honestly say I love my boobs. I’ve found peace with my body and have gained the self-love to embrace every inch of who I am. 

Here are some important things I learned along the way: 

Small-chested is a beautiful body type.

Small boobs are a part of your beauty. Small-chested bodies may be slim, strong, athletic, elegant and everything in between. If gorgeous models like Kendall Jenner and Karlie Kloss can work their small cleavage, so can you.

The “perfect breast size” doesn’t exist.

The perfect cup size doesn’t exist. Just as there is no perfect waist size, shoe size, leg length, hair length or eyebrow shape. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.

Embrace the benefits.

Yes there actually are benefits to having small boobs; some of which include cheaper bras, better posture and natural breast perkiness. Also you can pull off super cute bralettes with ease. 

Different men have different tastes.

Just like us women, men have a wide palette of tastes. Many don’t care about boobs at all. You are just as sexy and desirable as a woman with a bigger, fuller bust. If a man only values your cup size you’re probably better off without him.

You can be feminine and flat-chested.

Size does not matter! So many influential, sensual women are members of the Itty Bitty Committee; such as Emma Watson, Natalie Portman and Gwen Stefani just to name a few. Femininity is a mindset. Be a badass who doesn’t let society muddle your sense of what it means to be a woman.    

Celebrate and admire your body

Look in the mirror and smile. Buy that cute top and go bra shopping with your head held high. Confidence is sexy. The size of your boobs does not define your worth or your beauty. Love yourself and the body you were given.

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.