Join Pantene and Selena Gomez in the 8or8 Challenge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Pantene teamed up with Selena Gomez to launch a campaign that helps women who are fighting the ultimate battle: cancer. On September 8, Pantene officially launched their ‘8or8 Challenge’ to benefit their already well-known Beautiful Lengths program. Pantene Ambassador, Selena Gomez, is reaching out to fans asking them to ‘choose their 8,’ by donating $8, or 8 inches of hair to help create free wigs for women who have lost their hair to cancer treatments. Since 2006, the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program has been providing free wigs to women that have had to undergo cancer treatments. Since it’s inception, the program has created more than 42,000 wigs and has received 800,000 ponytail donations.

By launching the ‘8or8 Challenge,’ the program will expand even more. These free, real-hair wigs offer confidence and strength to women that are fighting this hard battle that is cancer. There are a number of ways to get involved. You can visit the Pantene Beautiful Lengths fund page, donate via The Greater Cincinnati Foundation, or stop into your local salon and make the cut. In order to donate hair, your ponytail has to be 8 inches long. Encourage others, and share your donation by using #8or8 and #BeautifulLengths on Twitter, also make sure to tag @Pantene. For full instructions you can visit www.beautifullengths.com.

Senior at Kent State | Victoria's Secret PINK Campus Rep
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.