freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Tell if He’s Not Right for You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

We all have that fantasy in our minds of the perfect guy. When we find someone who gives us that time and attention we all want, we could think he is the perfect guy. I am the type of person who always sees the good in people, so spotting those red flags can be hard to overcome. You grew up seeing those perfect love stories on television and in movies, and who doesn’t want that kind of experience for themselves? When it comes to finding the one for you, you should not feel any doubt within you or that person. Spotting red flags sooner than later makes life so much easier. Don’t be afraid to put your foot down if you see any of these signs.

You always make the initiative to hang out with him.

If he isn’t reaching out enough to see you, try to hangout. But if he doesn’t give you the attention you deserve, know that he is not worth your time if he doesn’t see you as a priority.

Communication skills are not there.

One can always tell if communication is not coming from both sides. Be honest with him and ask him what he is feeling. If he still doesn’t know what to say, something is up.

He hangs out with other girls… and he’s sketchy about it.

If he gives his time to all of his other female friends just as much as you, that could be a tricky situation.

He always makes up excuses.

If he wants to see you, he will make time for you. Don’t wait around for someone who doesn’t have the time for you.

You just don’t have that gut feeling.

At the end of it all, you will know what your heart wants. Even if you think this guy is the perfect man, you’ll know deep down if this is what’s meant to be. Relationships are all about trial and error. Don’t be afraid to try, but protect yourself while doing so. Find someone who will make your heart melt ladies. Because no one has time for toxic people. 

Erin Simonek

Kent State

Kent State University | Broadcast Journalism Major | Political Science/ Public Relations Minor 
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.