This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Living on campus can be rough sometimes, especially if your routine starts to become repetitive or if you don’t have a way to get too far off campus. As much as this can be a struggle, you can make the most out of it by being creative and find out what your campus and community has to offer. With a little research and adventuring, you can find a way to make the most out of your free time. Here are some things that Kent has to offer:

1. Movies at the Kiva 

Almost every weekend, movies are played at the Kiva for free! Most of the movies are recent releases and have just left the theater, so you don’t have to worry about finding a way to the movies and spending your money on a ticket. From Oceans 8 to The Incredibles 2, this fall’s lineup has lots of options. There is such a great variety of films that you are bound to find one that grabs your attention. Grab a blanket and some snacks and you’re set!

2. Karaoke at Quaker 

Every Friday night, people gather in the basement of the Student Center to enjoy some tunes and have a good time. It’s always really entertaining and you also get to see some of the amazing talent the students of Kent State have. You can also enjoy some great food from Quaker Steak & Lube. Bring your friends and showcase your singing skills!

3. Explore downtown Kent

Take a walk through Acorn Alley and see what the town has to offer. With cute coffee shops, awesome murals that work as great photo ops, beautiful nature and plenty of food spots, there is something for everyone to enjoy. My personal favorite is along the Cuyahoga River, especially during the fall time. There are many spots along the water to relax, read a book, or just chill and escape the world for a little.

4. Check out the events page on Kent State’s website 

Kent State’s website is always a good place to go to when you’re stuck on what to do. There is always something going on from workshops, presentations and lots of fun events hosted by different groups and organizations on campus. With the many different resources Kent offers, you’re bound to find something to keep you busy during your free time.

If you’re looking to change up your normal day-to-day life here on campus, make sure to try something new that works for you!

Danica Garcia

Kent State '20

Danica Garcia is a Fashion Merchandising major with a Fashion Media minor at Kent State University.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.