Wellness > Health

Dietary Restriction Friendly Holiday Dishes You Need to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

As a vegan, I understand how stressful the holidays can be. Not being able to eat the food being served to you is very anxiety-inducing and can make the holidays harder than they need to be. However, it’s possible to make dishes that accommodate your dietary needs that you and everyone else will love! Whatever type of food you omit from your diet for whatever reason, delicious holiday recipes are available for every diet out there.

Here are some of my favorite suggestions! Links to the recipes are in the headings of each section!

Gluten-Free Cornbread Stuffing

Stuffing is a must-have holiday dish! Try out this gluten-free version of cornbread stuffing that everyone at the table is bound to love.

Vegan Pot Pie

Comfort food alert! Cozy up on a chilly day with this vegan pot pie recipe. 

Keto Green Bean Casserole 

If watching your carbohydrate count is important to you, you need to try this keto green bean casserole! Who said you had to give up your favorite dishes to be carb conscious?

Nut-Free Sweet Potato Casserole

You can’t have a holiday dinner without something sweet! Try out this nut-free sweet potato casserole for a sweet treat this holiday season. (It’s also dairy and gluten-free!)

Vegan Cherry Pie

Dessert is arguably one of the best parts of a holiday dinner. End your meal with this delicious vegan cherry pie that is also free of refined sugar!

Holiday meals are meant to bring people together and celebrate the season, not to be a time to stress about food, so don’t worry! All it takes is an open mind and a little effort to make dishes that work for you and everyone you’re celebrating with.

Happy holidays and happy cooking!

Talia Gogel

Kent State '23

Hi! My name is Talia Gogel and I'm a sophomore fashion merchandising at Kent State! I love shopping, cooking, bunnies, astrology, and reading! I’m involved in the Fashion Student Organization, a member of Tri Sigma Sorority, and HerCampus!