rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Relieve Stress this Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

With the semester being about half way over, and classes getting harder, it is easy for students to feel stressed out in multiple aspects of their lives. Whether it be grades, friends, or work here are some tips to relieve stress from your daily schedule.

Tip #1 – Being Mindful

When you’re stressed out it is important to make lifestyle changes that will be effective in the long run. Being mindful incorporates physical and mental exercises that prevent stress. To focus on being mindful, you can try out a yoga class or look online to learn how to use this method!

Tip #2 – Eating Right

Maintaining a well balanced diet can be hard but is essential to relieving stress. Often when stressed out, people indulge in comfort food to give themselves a boost of energy, but that will only make you feel worse in the long run. Make sure to eat enough fruits and vegetables to stay healthy and focused.

Tip #3- Listening to music

Music has proven to be very helpful for focusing and relieving stress. Listening to all kinds of music will help to take your mind off things and help you concentrate on what is really important.

Tip #4 – Exercise

Exercising is a very important aspect of being stress-free. Even if you only work out for thirty minutes a day, it can really help to clear your mind and help you feel relieved in a healthy way. Plus, with Spring Break just around the corner, exercising can also help you get the perfect bikini body!

Tip #5- Get more sleep…for real                  

Being college students, it is a never ending struggle to get enough sleep. However, if you make a goal to get just a couple more hours of sleep each night you will feel more refreshed and be able to focus easier when something stresses you out. Make sure to manage your time so you can be in bed earlier; it could be the most helpful way to relieve stress quickly.

Senior at Kent State | Victoria's Secret PINK Campus Rep
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.