This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Jammin’ out to fun-upbeat playlist might just be everybody’s favorite pastime. However, when it comes to studying, mediating or relaxing, loud music can make us lose focus on the task at hand. So I put together a list of my favorite songs I listen to when I am trying to study.

“So High” by John Legend. 

This song has a soft melodic beat that is bound to keep your spirits up while you are studying for that tricky trigonometry test.

Until The End of Time” by Justin Timberlake featuring Beyoncé. 

Definitely one of my favorite collaborations of all time. This is a song that really gets you thinking and contemplating, which is great for mediating.

“Cranes in the Sky” by Solange    

A relaxing song to immediately push away your nerves, you’ll quickly become entranced in her beautiful voice. 

I Can Take You There” by JoJo                                                                                                                                                                                              

This throwback song will certainly take you to your happy place.

Be Encouraged” by William Becton

This is a great inspiring song about staying strong through the tough times. I promise you’ll love it even if you don’t listen to gospel music.

Ciao everyone! My name is Marion Kpandeyenge and I am currently a freshman at Kent State University, where I am majoring in Fashion Merchandising. I have a passion for fashion, but my love for writing holds a very special place in my heart.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.