This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Here at Her Campus, we adore strong women, especially if they have a great sense of humor. Amy Poehler is simply one of the funniest ladies alive, playing roles like the iconic Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation, as well as a myriad of beloved SNL characters. Not only is she one of the world’s brightest comedians, she is a political activist and a women’s rights advocate. Much like her best gal pal, TIna Fey, Amy also has an entire collection of quotes every powerful lady should live by. Here are our top 10 Amy faves!

“The earlier you learn that you should focus on what you have, and not obsess about what you don’t have, the happier you will be.”

“Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.”

“You deserve love and you’ll get it.”

“Limit your ‘always’ and your ‘nevers.'”

“To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading.”

“Saying ‘yes’ doesn’t mean I don’t know how to say no, and saying ‘please’ doesn’t mean I am waiting for permission.” 

“You have to be where you are to get where you need to go.”

“It’s never overreacting to ask for what you want and need.”

“if you can dance and be free and not embarrassed you can rule the world.”

“And, when in doubt, make funny faces.”

In love with jokes, comprehensive sex ed and Stephen Colbert-- (Stephen, call me!) Kent State University Class of 2020, Current Freelance Journo Follow @MaSerra8 on Twitter and email mariaserra@hercampus.com for PR pitches!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.