This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

In honor of Women’s History Month, it only makes sense that we admire some amazing ladies. One woman advocates for girls across the world every day: Tina Fey. Comedian and writer from such things as Saturday Night Live and 30 Rock provides advice for females to be their most authentic selves. We picked out some of her best quotes that, honestly, we should all live by!

Happy Women’s History Month!

“Don’t waste your energy trying to educate or change opinions; go over, under, through, and opinions will change organically when you’re the boss. Or they won’t. Who cares? Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.”

“If you retain nothing else, always remember the most important rule of beauty, which is: who cares?”

“When faced with sexism or ageism or lookism or even really aggressive Buddhism, ask yourself the following question: ‘Is this person in between me and what I want to do?’ If the answer is no, ignore it and move on. Your energy is better used doing your work and outpacing people that way. Then, when you’re in charge, don’t hire the people who were jerky to you.”

“MAKE STATEMENTS also applies to us women: Speak in statements instead of apologetic questions. No one wants to go to a doctor who says, ‘I’m going to be your surgeon? I’m here to talk to you about your procedure? I was first in my class at Johns Hopkins, so?’ Make statements, with your actions and your voice.”

“I am constantly amazed by Tina Fey. And I am Tina Fey.” (Insert your name here!)

“Whatever the problem, be part of the solution. Don’t just sit around raising questions and pointing out obstacles.”

“You can tell how smart people are by what they laugh at.”

“I’m unstoppable because I don’t know to stop.”

“You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.”

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY… “Bitches get stuff done.”

In love with jokes, comprehensive sex ed and Stephen Colbert-- (Stephen, call me!) Kent State University Class of 2020, Current Freelance Journo Follow @MaSerra8 on Twitter and email mariaserra@hercampus.com for PR pitches!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.