This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

Tis’ the season to be thankful! Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and it just seems as though there is not enough time to prepare for the family and friends that will be in attendance. Whether you are having a Friendsgiving or a traditional Thanksgiving, here are a few quick sides you can whip up with little time on your hands. Here are five easy side dishes that will pair well with the turkey and ham.

Basil Garlic Green Beans

This easy dish only requires a few ingredients, but packs a huge punch of flavor. Depending on what type of green beans you purchase, the preparation time will be around 10 minutes. This easy dish only takes six minutes to cook and is the perfect side for Thanksgiving. For the ingredients and instructions on how to make this visit McCormick website. 

Cheesy Spinach

This cheesy creamed spinach is a great side for almost anything. The recipe requires cream cheese with a little nutmeg to give it that creamy and cheesy texture. You are more than welcome to use your favorite cheese; provolone and parmesan would fit really well into this recipe.  Check out the instructions for this recipe by Claire Robinson listed on the food network website. 

Rosemary Pecan Sweet Mashed Potatoes

This recipe reminds me of a sweet potato casserole with a twist. This dish incorporates all types of holiday flavors such as rosemary, pecans, maple syrup and parmesan cheese. This recipe is very easy to make and takes about 20 minutes to finish. This could be a healthy alternative as well for those that would like to substitute out the mashed potatoes for another side on Thanksgiving. Check out the instructions to this recipe on the Good Housekeeping website.

Holiday Roasted Vegetables

This dish is one for the veggie lovers. This dish incorporates brussel sprouts, cranberries, carrots, and loads of holiday spices. The great thing about this dish is you can substitute out vegetables for others and make it your own. This recipe takes less than a half an hour to make, so it is sure to be on the table in no time. To get more instructions on how to make this dish for your family and friends, check out the Delish website for more information. 

Green Bean Casserole Bundles

This is a classical treat with a spin. Green bean casserole is a traditional side dish to have during the holidays. The green beans are tossed with a cream of mushroom and soy sauce mixture to give it a twist. You wrap the green beans with a strip of bacon, you can use turkey bacon as a substitute, cook and enjoy. This recipe takes a the longest to cook out of all the recipes, but it still does not take over an hour to make this dish. Check out the Delish website for the instructions to this recipe. 

These are just a few easy side dish ideas to help make the holidays a little less stressful. Try out one, enjoy, and Happy Holidays!

Hello, I am Kayla. I am a Broadcast Journalism and Emerging Media major. I love being creative and the best way to express that for me is through writing and actually creating content. I am a major Foodie. Keep an eye out for some Her Campus articles: Kennesaw Edition.
A collegiette's guide to life from the KSU chapter of Her Campus!