This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kennesaw chapter.

School has started, and due to the coronavirus, this means that most, if not all, of this academic year’s courses, are online. At first, it may not seem hard to carve a few hours out of each day dedicated to your studies. However, it’ll be evident just how finicky balancing online school with your social life can be over time. If time management isn’t your strength, here are a few apps that are available on both iOS and Android that can help you make this a 4.0 school year.

Forest

Popular for being a fun and innovative way to increase productivity, this app “plants” and “grows” trees as the user does their task and not pick up their cell phone. Download Forest here.

CamScanner

If you’re someone who has plenty of reading assignments out of a physical textbook, this app will allow you to bring your textbook with you on your cell phone, no matter where you go. Download CamScanner here.

Notion

Lately, thanks to influencers, this app has been receiving a lot of attention. Notion makes it possible to schedule out your to-do lists in a creative and fairly minimal design. And bonus, this app can be used across different devices, so feel free to use it on your Mac or PC. Download Notion here.

Sworkit

As you focus most of your time and attention on your studies, it’s essential to take care of your health. As the saying goes, “Health is wealth.” This app curates short and simple workout plans, whether you’re at a beginner, intermediate, or advanced fitness journey level. By finding time to move your body, you’ll clear up your mind, and your overall health will surely shine. Download Sworkit here.

MyLife

Speaking of a clear mind, mindfulness can help you feel peace whenever you run into stressful situations during the school year (e.g., like having a existential crisis as you juggle your assignments for the week). MyLife provides a place where any individual can find rest and practice mindfulness. Download MyLife here.

Whether you try out these apps or not, with hard work, time management, and finding ways to relax, you’ll find this semester a little less daunting. And remember, at the end of the day, you’re way more valuable than your grades and GPA. 

Roseline is a Media and Entertainment Major at Kennesaw State University. She is also a writer for HC at KSU and is an avid lover of everything that deals with the arts, books, matcha, holistic living, and videography. Feel free to follow her on Instagram!
A collegiette's guide to life from the KSU chapter of Her Campus!