books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

How to Handle Stress During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Keiser LAC chapter.

It’s finals week and the body knows it since it is probably the most stressful one. However, we must remember that stressing out will not give us the A’s we need. Even though it is very difficult to eradicate stress, we can learn how to handle it. Here are some strategies to help you take control of your nerves these coming days.

1) The first strategy, and probably the most important, is time management. The following are some helpful alternatives: 

• Organize yourself and set short and long-term goals.
  • Prioritize tasks by level of importance and reorganize your list on a regular basis.
  • Make lists or use an agenda.
  • You should consider taking breaks from time to time to clear your mind,  refresh it and refocus.
  • Avoid procrastination.
  • Try to work smarter, not harder.

2) Give yourself some love by rewarding yourself with positive feedback.

3) Try to avoid thinking about how much material you have left to study. Instead, concentrate on breathing and having positive thoughts. You can even put some pictures with motivational phrases on the wall to take it one step further.

4) Eat healthily and regularly.Most experts agree that proper nutrition and good eating habits play a big role in maintaining our body stress-free.

5) Sleep well every night. Getting the proper amount of sleep will help keep you stay alert and with energy.  Thus, you will think clearly and efficiently.

We wish you the best of luck with finals! Remember, you will enjoy some well-deserved vacations after all is done!

Katherinne is a Freshman at Keiser University LAC. She is Vice-President of Her Campus Chapter club in Nicaragua. As a music lover and traveller, she spends her free time playing piano, singing, listening to music and looking for new places to explore. She loves acting, Tv, and her favorite place is the beach. You can find her on Instagram and We heart it @katherinnespl and Twitter: @GlittersSmitter.
Valeria is the correspondent and head editor of her chapter in Keiser University Latin American Campus and is a second-semester freshman pursuing a degree in International Business diplomacy. She has an addiction to reading, writing, and cookie milkshakes. She manages her chapter’s club on her campus in Nicaragua and is actively involved in other campus activities as well, but you can usually find her gushing about the latest novel she read, having lots of snacks, and playing tennis.