books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Almost There: The Journey of Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Keiser LAC chapter.

Finals. The last stretch to enjoy our winter vacations, our last dreaded week, and for many, it will be the last couple of days that will involve college tasks before going out into the real world. It is what is keeping us up at night, making us become habitual coffee drinkers for a couple of weeks and giving us more reasons to enjoy our vacations even more!   

Currently, you are probably on your phone or laptop, laying down and surfing the extremely weird web or well, YouTube (like watching the Try Guys on YouTube?! We won’t judge you). Most of us also hit snooze to sleep for five more minutes…. even when they suddenly turn into five hours! BUT, we get around it to study soon enough. 

However, let’s be real, it is hard to start studying. Luckily we searched the internet and found a couple of memes that will make you feel better! 

Remember that studying is GREAT but HARD and that you have to take some casual breaks for a couple of minutes throughout study sessions. Eat healthily; don’t make choices based on your cravings, but on what your body needs, it definitely needs you to feel great for these exams!Also, remember to study on time and have a great night’s sleep before your test! (Although let’s face it, we do have that ONE class that will keep us up until early in the morning).

Pro Hacks:

• If you are falling asleep, drink something hot and then something cold so your body wakes up!  
  • Keep snacks available to you and reward yourself when you finish a reading!  
  • Don’t feel overwhelmed; positive emotions have a positive influence on your outcome!    

I wish you the best of luck for this week and the next! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday!

I'm interested in books and writing, with a passion for photography. I want to change the world, perhaps one word at a time.
Valeria is the correspondent and head editor of her chapter in Keiser University Latin American Campus and is a second-semester freshman pursuing a degree in International Business diplomacy. She has an addiction to reading, writing, and cookie milkshakes. She manages her chapter’s club on her campus in Nicaragua and is actively involved in other campus activities as well, but you can usually find her gushing about the latest novel she read, having lots of snacks, and playing tennis.