This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

Induction week, what’s next?

Now that the stress of registration and the confusion of signing up for all the clubs (that you will probably never spare a glance at) is over, it’s time for you to get to know this city better. And what better way to get started than getting involved in the unique cobbled street culture of eccentric events.

Here’s a list of things you can do this week to lay down your welcome-weekly woes.

1.     Totally Thames

?Thames

?️ Till the 30th of September

Check out the event line up for the last two weeks of the annual celebration of the river Thames. The listing includes free exhibitions, live performances, below river-level concerts, and archaeological tour of the river’s surroundings.

2.     Marvel Universe Live 

?O2 Arena

?️ 26 October – 6 October

Marvel Cinematic Universe is back again with its action packed arena show featuring over 20 marvel heroes and villains enhanced with cutting-edge special effects, pyrotechnics, and very impressive 3D video projections. 

Find the tickets here.

3.     Japan Matsuri

?Trafalgar Square

?️ 29 September

London’s free annual festival celebrating Japanese culture returns at the end of the month with food, music, and activities fit for the whole family.

4.     London Raindance Film festival

?️ 18 September – 29 September

Enjoy the film festival supporting independent filmmaking hosted in select cities including London.

Find the schedule and tickets here.

5.     Regatta London

?️ 29 September

Participate or watch the Thames get taken over by canoeing, kayaking, paddle boarding, and rowing for one day in two different route challenges: The London Crossing (Hammersmith-Greenwich) and The Big Ben Challenge (Putney-Big Ben-Putney).

6.     Underbelly Festival

?Southbank

?️ Till the 28th of September

Southbank on it’s 11th birthday-like every other preadolescent-brings you comedy, circus, cabaret, food, and entertainment at the heart of London on the south end of the border.

Find the line-up and tickets here.

7.     Carnaby Eats

?Carnaby Street

Head to Carnaby for a month-long food-fest this September with over 60 participating restaurants, cafés, and pubs offering over 20 cuisines. Also, enter here for a prize draw to win a chance to eat for free.

Find the schedule here.

8.     Buckingham Palace Tour

?Buckingham Palace

?️ Till the 29th of September

9. The London Tattoo Convention

?Tobacco Dock

?️ 27 September – 29 September

The 15th International London Tattoo Convention is bringing over 400+ international tattoo artists, live music, art exhibitions, fire performers, entertainment, food, and booze! We anticipate the event will be permanently printed in your heads (get it?).

Find the tickets here.

10. CIDERFEST – A Celebration of Cider

?Canopy Market

?️ 27 September – 29 September

This three-day free entry event brings you an exciting line-up of ten cider makers with cider tasting demonstrations and food pairing sessions, with DJs as well as live music.

11. Hozier

?The London Palladium

?️ 30 September – 4 October

Nina Cried Power artist and his band are ending their European summer tour with a 5-day run at London!

Find the tickets here.

Well, what are you waiting for?

A Neuroscience student with a reading-addiction, trying her luck with writing.
President of Her Campus KCL!