This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

Lockdown volume 3 has taken its toll on all of us and having university work every day is not helping the situation. Although the workload is difficult, taking breaks is essential for productivity. Fortunately for you, Her Campus KCL is here to give you some sitcom ideas to spice up those study breaks! The key qualities behind a good study break sitcom are:

1. Short episodes

2. Not much focus needed (Your top priority is studying and you can only commit to a sitcom that doesn’t distract you).

So Let’s Get Started…

1. Friends

I know, I know we’re starting with the basics. But this sitcom has a name for itself for a reason. Its goofy and iconic characters make it the show to watch on repeat.

2. How I Met Your Mother

Many claim this is a rip-off of Friends. I think that although many elements are the same, they took the idea to a different level. If you’re into more smart jokes you will most likely enjoy this one. Everyone was mad at the ending but honestly, I thought the way they turned things around in the last two episodes was genius.

3. The Big Bang Theory

If you’re looking at Netflix as an educational opportunity as well, this show might be the right one for you. Even if you don’t pay that much attention, you’re bound to learn something. I will never forget the Schrödinger’s cat principle! Also, if you’re a bit more on the socially awkward side, you’re going to empathise with the main character, Sheldon.

4. Brooklyn 99

This is the only cop show for someone who doesn’t like blood. Although life at the NYPD can seem boring or even scary to some, these characters teach you what it’s like to love your job and how to find ways to make each day matter. Look out for all the Halloween Heist episodes which are always full of overturns.

5. Rick and Morty

For all cartoon lovers out there, Rick and Morty is the greatest show of them all. It has everything: awesome characters, dirty humour, fantasy, great graphics—and the list goes on. Even though there’s some debate as to which of the previous shows mentioned people love the most, there’s universal consensus about Rick and Morty.

May the rest of the academic year be as short as the episodes of these shows!

Penultimate year LLB Law Student
hahsghqs