The Most Instagrammable Restaurants in London

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

One of London’s bragging points is its variety of restaurants that offer spectacular views, decor and dishes. Discovering those gems and photographing them for a camera roll filled with memories is always fun to do with friends or family! Based on some of the places that I have been to, here are a couple of recommendations for instagrammable places to eat and drink in London. 

Heddon Yokocho 

8 Heddon Street, London W1B 4BU 

Average Price Range: £20-30

picture of ramen
Original photo by Tshisanyi Kazadi Mpinga

A cosy alternative to standing outside in the rain this month might be this retro Japanese restaurant, specialising in authentic ramen bowls and drinks. The outside of the restaurant includes a giant “moving” ramen display, which is a great Instagram boomerang opportunity! The interior features glowing lanterns, neon street signs and classic Japanese soundtracks which makes it seem like you took a trip to Japan for some tasty, comforting ramen. This, along with their 1970s Tokyo-inspired decorations, makes for great Instagram pictures of the many mouth-watering menu items. 

Pro Tip: There are solo Shuchu booths for those who might want to dine alone. 

London Bridge Rooftop Bar 

Colechurch House, Bridge Walk, London SE1 2SX, United Kingdom 

Average Price Range: £10-20

This bar, somewhat hidden above a parking lot next to London Bridge, offers panoramic views of the city, including the London Eye and the Shard. Especially at sunset, this can make for an intimate picture of your friend group or partner, featuring fairy lights and London landmarks as a backdrop. It also helps that they serve tasty cocktails, which are especially nice after a long day of work! Moreover, the bar is currently setting up its Christmas decorations just in time for the holidays. 

Imagine having a cheeky mimosa or Aperol spritz as the sun goes down… 

picture of rooftop view

Aqua Shard 

Level 31, The Shard, 31 Street Thomas Street, London SE1 9RY, United Kingdom 

Average Price Range: £100+

picture of sunset

Aqua Shard is an iconic restaurant located on the 31st floor of the Shard, an attribute which definitely translates into very impressive Instagram posts. There are huge glass windows that allow 360° views of the surrounding area and greater London. It also has dim lighting and very posh decor. As it is definitely more suited for a special occasion, one may want to dress up and take a few pictures at this sexy location. Know that understandably, you may not be the only person taking pictures of the food and landscapes. 

Roka 

71 Aldwych, London WC2B 4HN, United Kingdom 

Average Price Range: £50-70

This is a restaurant that primarily serves sushi, offering many intricate and beautifully decorated plates. For example, the dessert platter is incontestably picture-worthy and delicious. It also has a neon wall full of sake bottles and a carefully crafted entrance that many stop to take pictures at.  

display of alcoholic bevarages from restaurant

Bunsik 

62 Charing Cross Road, London WC2H 0BU, United Kingdom 

Average Price Range: £1-10

picture of restaurant bunsik from otuside

You have probably seen this restaurant on social media before, as Korean-style hot dogs and street food continue to gain popularity. This snug and yellow-themed place offers all kinds of corn dogs, such as Potato Mozzarella and Octopus Legs… along with the perfect opportunity to snap a picture of your best cheese pull! 

The Knot Churros 

36 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7QN, United Kingdom 

Average Price Range: £40-50

Lastly, this incredibly cute dessert shop features a coquette interior with pastel colours and accessories. There is also a floral hanging bench at the entrance, where you can take pictures with your friends. Similarly, their churros are served in a heart-shaped way which makes for very aesthetically pleasing posts. 

picture of churros

Pro Tip: It could be amusing to dress in pink or other pastel colours to really match the vibe of the place. 

The advantage of living in London is that many more restaurants and bars can be added to this list. There is usually something that fits everybody’s preferences, likes and budgets. With that in mind, I challenge you to discover more of these great locations and take Instagram pictures (if you want!) with your friends. 

Tshisanyï is a writer for the culture section of Her Campus at the King's College London (KCL) chapter. Tshisanyï is due to graduate next Spring with a Bachelor of Arts in International Relations. From Fall 2022 to 2023, she was a part of an exchange program where she studied at the University of California, San Diego. Beyond this, Tshisanyï enjoys keeping fit through regular rock climbing, fitness and dance classes. Her other interests include travelling, fashion illustrating and discovering various different cultures.