This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

It’s finally that time of the year where you can slide and glide on one of London’s festively fabulous ice skating rinks. Here are few of the popular ice rinks, where you can let your inner-Elsa flow!

Natural History Museum: open until 6th January 2020

This outdoor ice rink is one of the most enchanting in London. There’s a fully-decorated, photo-worthy Christmas tree right in the middle of the rink. Skate around the Christmas tree in the courtyard of the museum, surrounded by fairy lit trees. Not a skater? Not a problem – the cafe bar and balcony offer a view over the ice rink while you sip on hot chocolate. 

Somerset House: open until 12th January 2020

Amongst the most iconic of the city’s ice rinks, the Somerset House rink is not to be missed. Their popular Skate Lates – evening sessions with specially curated music playlists – will return for 2019. 

Tower of London ice rink: open until 5th January 2019 

The spectacular backdrop is definitely a reason to stop by here. Also, there’s 104 square meters of ice to play with!

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland: open until 5th January 2019

Proving once again that Winter Wonderland does nothing by halves, Hyde Park have set up the largest open air rink in the UK for another year. Skate around the Victorian handstand under a canopy of lights! The rest of Winter Wonderland is quite magical too – from the Christmas markets to the rides to karaoke sessions. 

So that’s about it, have an enchanting time as you swiftly glide through the ice! 

A 3rd year Biomedic Student at King’s College London, an animal lover and a spiritual seeker. When I’m not working on lab reports and dissertations, I enjoy practicing typography, dancing, and binge watching friends.
President of Her Campus KCL!