This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

Reading week is approaching and in a normal year, we’d all be making plans to explore different parts of England with our friends, but this year, with the travel restrictions in place and COVID cases increasing with each passing day, travelling seems impossible!

While we might not be travelling, there are plenty of things we can do in London itself which we probably have not had time for due to our busy schedules.

1) Go to a park 

London has so many beautiful parks which have a completely different charm, especially during October and November with the leaves turning orange, the crisp cold air and the sounds of birds chirping. It is the perfect time to take a stroll in these parks or do your coursework with a warm cup of hot chocolate!

All of these parks are open-air, making them a much safer place to be. I’d recommend going to St. James Park, Richmond Park, Hyde Park or Regent’s Park on a sunny afternoon and with plenty of snacks and books to enjoy a nice, calming day!

2) Join virtual classes 

Virtual classes are a fun way of learning something new and interacting with more people.

There are plenty of virtual classes being held currently; whether it is yoga, painting or boxing online, you can sign up for as many classes as you’d like without moving from the comfort of your home and worrying about whether it is safe to go or not!

3) Discover local cafés and coffee shops 

Most of the time, we’re so busy with college work and so do not have time to go to new cafés and try out different things. This reading week is the perfect time to go out and find new cafés and coffee shops to work or read a nice book at. There are so many hidden cafés and coffee shops in different lanes in London which serve the best coffees and food that we are unaware of.

4) Watch a movie in an open-air cinema  

Watch a nice movie in an open-air theatre with people from your household and a bunch of snacks! There are many open-air theatres around London like the Regents Park open-air cinema or Luna cinema, that are showing many classics and new releases. With the weather getting colder, this is the perfect time to go and watch a nice movie outdoors!

London has always been a fun city to explore with so many activities happening almost throughout the year. Use your reading week to do activities in London which you have wanted to do for a long time, while being safe and maintaining all safety measures. These are a few ways to make your reading week exciting whilst being in London!

Content Writer for Her Campus KCL! Interested in all things related to Politics, Sustainability and Food. Hoping to do my bit in bringing positivity into this world someday!
hahsghqs