This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

Believe it or not, Christmas is less than two months away which means that all the Christmas markets around London will be opening soon. 

The season for mulled wine, Bratwurst, fairy lights, smell of Christmas trees, mince pies, Christmas decorations and bailey’s hot chocolate is officially here! 

The streets of London look the prettiest during this time, with Christmas themed lights around different streets, Christmas markets pretty much all-around London, there is just a feeling of festivity and comfort in the air! 

Below are some Christmas markets which will surely give you the ultimate Christmas vibes! 

WINTER WONDERLAND

?Hyde Park  

21st November to January 5th ,2019 

This is London’s most famous and biggest Christmas markets! It is like a never-ending market with many giant Ferris Wheels, Roller Coasters, Ice Skating Ring, live performances, and of course lots of food and drinks! You are definitely in for a treat!

Every year, there is something new which is introduced into this market and this year there is a 70m observation wheel! 

This Christmas market is definitely on the bucket list for all those people who love Christmas! 

I’d recommend going on a weekday as it tends to get extremely crowded on weekends due to its popularity. 

SOUTH BANK CHRISTMAS MARKET 

?Southbank Centre, Belvedere Road 

November 8th to January 5th ,2019 

With the backdrop of the London Eye and River Thames, this German inspired Christmas market wooden stalls adorned with fairy lights is a must go to! Stalls selling Bratwurst, mulled wine and Bailey’s hot chocolate, chocolate kisses among other Christmas treats will definitely please all the food lovers! 

The market has many shops where you can buy classic baubles and other Christmas decoration for yourself and your loves ones!

It is a great place to spend a cold winters day, sipping on mulled wine whilst enjoying the lively Christmas atmosphere! 

LONDON BRIDGE CHRISTMAS MARKET 

?London Bridge City 

November 26th to January 5th ,2019

If you want to visit a Christmas market with stunning views of the London skyline and the tower bridge, then this is the place for you! 

This sparkling Christmas market has its cabins along the riverside serving all the favourite Christmas treats, storytelling performance, food tasters and many more! 

It is definitely an unforgettable Christmas experience! 

ZERO WASTE CHRISTMAS MARKET 

?Oval Space 

December 7th, 2019 

If you are looking for a gift which is eco-friendly and sustainable, then this market is the one for you! Zero waste Christmas market aims to promote recycling, eco-friendly products and materials. The market is hosting a variety of sustainable and eco-friendly brands to help create a better environment in the world. There are many cool shops and workshops in this Christmas market including a zero-waste wrapping station! The idea behind this market is that everyone should enjoy this festive season but that does not necessarily mean that we have to pollute the earth! The best thing about this market is that all the profits from the market are going to be used to reforest the countryside in England! 

LEICESTER SQUARE CHRISTMAS MARKET 

?Leicester Square 

November 8th to January 5th, 2019

Amongst the hustle and bustle around Leicester Square, there is this little Christmas market decked with fairy lights. It has all the wonderful Christmas treats and Dutch pancake stalls perfect to bring in the Christmas spirit! 

Christmas is nearly here, so start preparing for all the Christmas markets to visit in London to make the most of this festive season! 

Content Writer for Her Campus KCL! Interested in all things related to Politics, Sustainability and Food. Hoping to do my bit in bringing positivity into this world someday!
President of Her Campus KCL!