This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

Even though freshers nights are over now, there will still be many student events throughout the year for you to get your glam on! Whether it be for your everyday routine, or a night out at the club, these seven beauty products will help you achieve your perfect look without breaking the bank.

1) Elf Highlighter – £5.00

With the brand Elf having only recently landed in the U.K, Superdrug have a whole stall devoted to all their products. This highlighter is only five pounds and comes in a range of shades so it’s suitable for all skin tones. The pay off and pigmentation from this product can be likened to a high-end product, in spite of its super-friendly cost.

2) L’Oréal Lash Paradise Mascara – £11.99

This mascara has been reviewed by many beauty gurus and has even been termed the ‘best new drugstore mascara’ by beauty YouTube Jeffree Star! It’s also a pretty accurate dupe for the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. It gives you all the length, volume and curl for half the price!

3) Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – £3.99

This concealer covers those bags from late night studying or partying, without getting cakey. High coverage for the price of a cup of coffee – what more could you want?!

4) Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation – £6.99

A cult favourite from the drugstore that gives a matte finish without looking drying! Formulated to absorb shine, it’s perfect for oily skin. Maybelline also make a Dewy + Smooth version of this if you prefer a different finish.

5) Soap & Glory Archery 2-in-1 Brow Filling Pencil & Brush – £8.50

A dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz at nearly less than half the price. This must-have product allows you to make precise but natural lines to fill in your brows.

6) NYX Matte Lip Cream – £6.00

These liquid lips come in lots of shades so there’s an option for everyone, and there’s also a gloss if you prefer that finish! They dry down matte but, because of the mousse consistency, they’re not drying for your lips.

7) Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette – £11.99

A versatile palette which you can use to create a dramatic cut crease or something subtler if you need an everyday look. There’s a range of matte, satin and shimmers to go crazy with and they also have a blushed nudes version with pink hues and a new burgundy palette.

So there you have it! Seven drugstore beauty products that will keep you looking fab at uni functions all year round without breaking the bank. What other products have you found that work a charm but don’t cost a fortune? Let us know!

English Literature and Language student who loves things beauty related!
King's College London English student and suitably obsessed with reading to match. A city girl passionate about LGBTQ+ and women's rights, determined to leave the world better than she found it.