5 Outdoor Places to Visit in London to Make the Most of Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

Spring is most definitely one of the prettiest seasons in London, with flowers blooming, birds chirping, bright sunny days and fresh crisp air, which are definitely welcome after the long, cold, dark winter days. It is the best time to explore all the parks around London, see the cherry blossom trees with their bright pink and white colours, but mostly just to enjoy sunny weather while it lasts! While many festivals and activities that usually take place in London during the springtime have been cancelled due to Covid-19, there is still so much to do to make the most of this beautiful season, while keeping to Covid guidelines. Here are a few places to visit to enjoy Spring in all its glory!

1. Regents Park

Regent’s Park is beautiful throughout the year, but especially in the spring! There are cherry blossom trees all around, as well as tulips and magnolias, making it the perfect place for a socially distanced picnic with your friends or even for an evening stroll! While you’re at Regent’s Park, don’t forget to take a walk to Primrose Hill for the best views of the city!

2. Kensington Gardens

While London is full of pretty parks, Kensington Gardens is a must-visit during the spring. It is the perfect place for picnics, lunches and tea whilst enjoying the picture-perfect scenery and making the most of the spring season!

3. Little Venice 

Not far from the hustle and bustle of Central London, Little Venice feels like a quick escape from the busy city. There are beautiful floating cafés and lovely places to just sit with your friends and enjoy the stunning backdrop of waterways, quirky residential houses, tiny boats and the lovely spring weather. If you’re lucky, you might even be able to go on a boat ride along the canal!

4. Alexandra Palace

Spring is the perfect time to visit Alexandra Palace, which is surrounded by beautiful green parks and hills. There are loads of fun outdoor activities, such as a 10-hole golf course called Pitch & Putt where you can take part in golf competitions with your friends. You can also visit the Alexandra Palace Farmer’s Market and the Alexandra Palace Garden Centre to get loads of local produce!

5. Outdoor Theatre and Cinema

If things go to plan and London reopens by the end of April, we might see the return of outdoor plays and movies! It is the perfect time to sit outside with some popcorn, hopefully some warm weather and a couple of your friends to watch some of your favourite classics.

Content Writer for Her Campus KCL! Interested in all things related to Politics, Sustainability and Food. Hoping to do my bit in bringing positivity into this world someday!
hahsghqs