This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

As the snow settles and the strike continues, here’s a quick inexpensive home remedy to treat your skin.

I’ve been dealing with active acne since I was 12 and it’s only now, 8 years later, that I’m starting to see a massive change in my skin. While I wish I could tell you that there’s a simple miracle cure for acne, unfortunately this isn’t the case. I can’t guarantee that this face mask will work for everyone but it definitely made my skin glow and feel amazing to boot. So I hope that you’ll be able to benefit as much I do

You need three ingredients: dispersible aspirin, honey and water.

1) In a bowl, place 4-6 aspirin pills and add just enough water to dissolve the pills until it reaches a paste consistency. The aspirin’s anti-inflammatory properties help reduce any redness. If it’s too watery, add another aspirin or add more water if the mixture is too thick.

2) Add around a teaspoon sized amount of honey to the mixture and combine together. The addition of the honey makes the mask let drying while its anti-bacterial properties help reduce breakouts and healing the skin. It also helps with locking in moisture keeping your skin hydrated and healthy. Alternatively, you can substitute honey for jojoba oil or tea tree oil

3) Using a facial mask brush (you can buy a set here) or a spare make-up brush, apply the mixture to the face and any other areas that are prone to breakouts.

4) Leave on for around 10-15mins and wash off. I tend to wash the mask off using circular motions to exfoliate the skin as I remove the mask – of course this is a matter of preference.

5) Once rinsed off, splash cold water over the skin to close your pores. Enjoy your now luminous and smooth skin!

You can use the face mask up to twice a week but ensure to create a new mixture for each treatment! Hopefully this mask will be able to help your skin but if it doesn’t please remember that your skin is going through its own journey and to just be patient. Look after yourselves, friends. Till next time! 

Avid napper and English student at King's College London that procrastinates from writing by - well, writing. South London native.
King's College London English student and suitably obsessed with reading to match. A city girl passionate about LGBTQ+ and women's rights, determined to leave the world better than she found it.