Giraffe
Giraffe
Alaura Dannon

3 African Countries You NEED To Put On Your Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KCL chapter.

If you enjoy traveling and going on new adventures, then you definitely need to visit the most diverse and culturally rich continent on the planet: Africa! In this article we will be going on a tour of 3 African countries that you absolutely NEED to add to your bucket list to visit!

South Africa

Clear Blue Sea
Pixabay / Pexels
South Africa is a country that has it all. If you’re looking for an extraordinary African adventure or beachside chill-out, Durban and Cape Town both boast beautiful views and breathtaking experiences. You can visit Cape Town’s Table Mountain or Kruger National Park where you can drive yourself around and see the Big Five. If you’re more interested in history, then you can visit Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was famously imprisoned during the struggle against Apartheid. Or if you prefer the finer things in life, you can opt for a designer shopping spree at Sandton’s Diamond Walk in Johannesburg before a visit to or a short stay at the Sun City Resort that will leave you in awe. Whichever you prefer out of five-star hotels in exotic locations, rich historic experiences or authentic African safaris, you can never go wrong with South Africa!

Tanzania

Giraffe
Alaura Dannon

The beautiful East African country of Tanzania is home to the famous Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa and the highest single free-standing mountain in the world. The world famous Serengeti National Park, rated the best park for an African safari, is also in Tanzania. If you’re interested in vast savannah gardens and iconic wildlife then this is the place for you. Not only that but the Serengeti offers a wide variety of safari accommodations and experiences to suit each budget. But if you prefer something a little more relaxing, the exotic island of Zanzibar is laden with rich history and culture as well as mesmerising, white-sand beaches and fine palm trees.

Egypt 

Pedro Lastra
Pedro Lastra / Unsplash

You must visit Egypt, not only because it is full of history and culture, but also because it is home to one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World – the Pyramids of Giza. Built as tombs for the ancient Pharaohs and guarded by the entrancing Sphinx, Giza’s pyramid complex has left adventurers and archeologists in awe for centuries. If you fancy yourself a conspiracy theorist, I encourage you to visit and ponder on just how the ancient Egyptians managed to build the great pyramids. 

Audrey is a full time undergraduate law student from Kenya, studying at King's College London. She would describe herself as a devout follower of Jesus Christ and a lover of travel, fashion, adventure and new friends! She hopes to use her voice to write about the topics that she is passionate about, while also helping to change and shed light on various negative perceptions and stereotypes perpetuated in the media. Step into her head, one article at a time!
hahsghqs