This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

At the end of the semester, we all have a few extra dining dollars on our cards and some have no idea how to spend the rest before Christmas Break. But lucky for you, here are some great tips at places around campus that can take your dining dollars and can make great Christmas presents or snacks for the road.

1. Starbucks

Of course tons of coffee’s is great and helps get through finals week, but there are some others ways to spend it there. You can do some Christmas shopping by buying reusable cups, bags of coffee beans, and coffee mugs. Everyone loves coffee and would love any of these gifts.   

2. Convenience Stores

Snacks are always great too. You can buy some for yourself or some to share with your ride bringing you home. They can also make good stocking stuffer for your boyfriend.

3. Dunkin Donuts

Everyone runs on Dunkin and so does your family members and friends. Gift cards or merchandise like reusable cups. This can show how much you care while not spending money from your bank account.

4. Chick-fil-A

Before you leave, a great breakfast, lunch, or dinner is at Chick-fil-A. Be nice and buy your ride something and get rid of a few more dining dollars in the process.

5. Freshens

Granola Balls are amazing and Freshens is the place to get them. They last and stay fresh so you could surprise your mom with a few little treats when you come home or a perfect snack for the car because it makes no mess.

Hi my name is Mackenzie. I'm 18 and from Newport News, Virginia. I am majoring in Health Science with a Pre-Phyisican Assistant concentration. I love Mexican food and dessert from Ehall(: I love to go shopping at TJ Maxx and watching make up tutorials online.
School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.