jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

JMU X-Labs: My Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

While sorting through seemingly endless amounts of emails, I came across an upcoming event hosted by the JMU X-Labs — a “Fab Lab: PJ Party.” To be honest, the title of the event is what originally drew me in. It was so cheesy that I just had to look into it.

The Fab Lab event is essentially a pop-up workshop for students to sign up for. There are many different DIY activities going on within the event and all supplies are included in your reservation for free!

This sounded like fun to me, so I texted a friend and we both signed up.

This event offered airbrushing, button making, DIY cactus jewelry holders, glass-etched mason jars, laptop stickers, laser cut door signs, macrame, a photo booth, tassel jewelry, and tote bags.

Fab Lab also offered mini pop-up sessions to sign up for. They included: facials, henna painting, sugar scrubs, and nitrogen ice cream. My friend and I attended the nitrogen ice cream session and it was delicious.

This event was so much fun and I definitely recommend checking out future X-Labs events!

School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.