How We Survived Spring Break 2014

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Before spring break, our team received a surprise box of goodies from Her Campus Nationals. It was our Spring Break Survival Kit! We were ecstatic to discover tons of awesome items in our survival kit from a FANTASTIC bunch of sponsors.

The first items we noticed when opening the box were the mini boxes of Tresemme products. They were samples of the new Keratin Smooth shampoo, conditioner, and heat activated treatment. These products promise up to 7 days of salon-smooth hair after just one use! Naturally, we were super excited to try them. The unique heat activated treatment (blow dryer or flat iron works!) really made a difference in the smooth-ness of our hair. However, if you don’t have time to blow dry, the shampoo and conditioner do a great job of making your hair feel silky smooth. Follow them on Twitter and Instagram– @TRESemme

The next items we noticed were the cards from Yokini Swimwer and European Wax Center. Both companies offered us special discount codes for their products. Yokini Swimwear is a company started by a JMU alum, and they offer special lettering on their bikini bottoms and tops. Show off your JMU pride and awesome bikini bod with a custom bikini! Use code HC99 for 20% and FREE lettering at yokiniswimwear.com. Thank you Yokini! Keep up with them on Twitter and Instagram– @yokiniswimwear

European Wax Center offered us a free bikini, underarm, or eyebrow wax at one of their 550 locations. If you want to try them out, email us! We can get you one of the promo cards. Find your closest location at waxcenter.com. Check them out on Twitter– @europeanwax

It was hard not to see the swag from Her Campus—they sent us some super cute koozies, sunglasses, a window sticker, AND a cute cup! Check out these products AND MORE in the HC Shop!

The next large box in the kit was from Zotos Professional. They sent us free samples of their Biotera Ultra Color Care 5-in-1 Cleansing Conditioner. It is designed for dry and damaged color-treated hair; this one-step wonder product take the place of shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, leave-in detangler, and shine treatment! WOAH! It was so easy to use and definitely was a time saver in our shower routine. Look for this product on Amazon or at your local beauty supply store! Follow them on Twitter @zotosprofesh and Instagram @zotosprofessional

Tucked away in the corners of our box were two coupons from Chipotle! Of course, we couldn’t pass up a spontaneous trip to our favorite place—we devoured some burrito bowls, chips, AND guac. Thanks Chipotle! Give them a shoutout on Twitter @ChipotleTweets and Instagram @chipotlemexicangrill

Lastly, Neuro, the drink company, sent us a free case of Neuro Sleep. This product is a tasty blend of goodnight nutrients like melatonin and magnesium to help you sleep! It is safe and non-habit forming, and only 35 calories! If you or a friend wants to try Neuro Sleep for free—go to sleepwithneuro.com and get your coupon! Here’s a special video from Neil Patrick Harris & Neuro Sleep, just to brighten your day: http://bit.ly/SLEEPwithnph. We loved the Neuro Sleep drinks…they definitely made for a great night! Tangerine Dream was our favorite flavor! Follow them on Twitter and Instagram @drinkneuro

A HUGE thank you to Her Campus Nationals and all of these amazing companies. We survived spring break because of you!

I am a junior at JMU studying Media Arts & Design- Corporate Communication. I am a member of Phi Mu Fraternity in addition to Her Campus! I was born in Troy, OH and grew up in both Kings Mountain, NC and Richmond, VA. I am the oldest child, the only blonde in my immediate family, and the only one who has 20/20 vision.