This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Picture this: you’re in the middle of class daydreaming about all the fun things you’ll be doing over winter break, but then reality hits and you realize you still have tons of work to do before then. Sound familiar?

I know this stressful feeling all too well, so here are some tips to get you through the end of the semester without pulling your hair out.

Plan Ahead

Make sure to write down all of your approaching deadlines so you know which assignments to prioritize first. This will save you from the last minute chaos of accidentally forgetting about a project or exam. Your planner will become your best friend.

Catch Some Zzz’s

Getting enough sleep is essential for your well-being. Plus, you will be much more productive throughout the day if you’re well rested.

Schedule in Study Breaks

Taking a study break every once in a while will keep you refreshed and ready to tackle the task on your list.

Study With Friends

Get some friends together and dedicate a couple hours to getting work done. This can be helpful if you have questions on your assignments or need advice.

Treat Yourself

Whether this means buying your favorite Starbucks drink, enjoying a bubble bath, or putting on a face mask; treat yourself for all the hard work you’ve been doing. This will help boost your spirits.

You’re almost done. Take a deep breath and everything will be okay.

School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.