This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

‘GT’s Smoke Wagon’

Located at 1321 S. High St. Harrisonburg, VA, this food truck caters to Harrisonburg meat-lovers. You can choose between a half rack of ribs, a “hawt dawg,” or a BBQ sandwich. Once you’ve chosen your entrée you can select mac and cheese, baked beans, or coleslaw. This truck has been consistently rated 4.9 out of 5 stars and is definitely worth visiting.

Hours: Monday – Friday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., Saturday: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.

‘Cuz & Em’s Southern Cooking and Seafood Food Truck’

At 716 E. Market St., Harrisonburg, VA, you will find your fried food destination. Complete with fish, shrimp, chicken, or wings (all which include two sides for $10), and sweeter options including fried Oreos and funnel cakes, a visit to this truck is a must.

Hours: Tuesday – Saturday: 11:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.

‘Lobsta Rollin’

Marylanders, hold on for your lobster fix. Lobsta Rollin’, located at 321 S. High St., Harrisonburg, VA, is appropriately named for its lobster sandwiches. There are four different flavors to choose from, and if that doesn’t fill you up, there is also Lobster Bisque soup or Clam Chowda on the menu. Wash it all down with their specialty “main root” sodas.

Hours: Monday – Friday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., Saturday: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.

‘Taste of Soul’

$1 dollar wings and pork chops for $2.50?! Pair one of those options with one of the eight sides offered and this food truck is the perfect way to dine out on a budget. Head over to 1321 S. High St., Harrisonburg, VA to get a Taste of Soul.

Hours: Monday – Friday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., Saturday: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.

‘Grilled Cheese Mania’

This famed food truck, located at 120 W. Wolfe St. Harrisonburg, VA, is one of the places you MUST try! Choose between seven different sandwiches, not including daily specials, and various dipping sauces and enjoy. If you can handle more, try one of the side soups made from family recipes for a truly mouthwatering experience.

Hours: Monday – Saturday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.

‘Mashita’

Thought food trucks could be boring? Think again! At 716 E. Market St., Harrisonburg, VA, you will find Korean delicacies such as Ho-Pang (handmade steam buns) or Ssam (lettuce wrap), both of which you can add meat and sauces to. Vegetarian and gluten free options are also available. To top it off, each meal comes with Kimchi or Bean Sprouts on the side.

Hours: Tuesday – Saturday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.

‘Tacos El Primo’

You might want to program your GPS for 1110 Reservoir St., Harrisonburg, VA because this is the food truck version Chipotle. Tacos, burritos, quesadillas and more are offered on the menu and all are at reasonable prices. Head on over and avoid those dinner lines.

Hours: Open every day from 11a.m. – 9 p.m.

‘Belen’s Thrill of the Grill’

This food truck is a solid option for someone who wants to spice up their sandwich routine. At 120 W. Wolfe St. Harrisonburg, VA you will find three different options of sandwiches with different garnishes and sides to match. There are also burrito options for someone in the mood for Mexican cuisine.

Hours: Monday- Saturday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.

Hey everyone! I'm Megan, a senior at James Madison University pursuing a double major in the School of Media Arts and Design (with a concentration in journalism) and political science, and a minor in political communication. I am an avid Netflix viewer, obsessed with breakfast foods, and a yogi-- queue the headstand. I love to read news and stay up to date with all things pop culture...and I also love to write, go figure! Due to extreme wanderlust, I am always on the move, and I look forward to traveling the world and whatever comes with it. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you have. Enjoy! 
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.