Style > Beauty

Best Ways to Take Care of your Skin this Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Every year, my skin tends to look it’s worst in the winter. It looks beyond pale and my skin tone looks uneven and blotchy. However, I learned some tips to keep my skin looking its healthiest, even when it’s at its worst.

The most important thing you can do to keep your skin looking its best is to wash your face with moisturizing cleanser. Even if you have oily skin, a cleanser that won’t over dry is important because if your skin is too dry, it will only produce more oil. Another tip is to use a washcloth to get rid of dry, dead skin in the winter that may be clogging your pores.

Another product I like to use is toner. I use a type made with witch hazel which i recommend because it is all natural and comes in a big bottle at the drugstore. This product is awesome for your skin because it will purify your pores without over drying.  

After applying toner, I use moisturizer. Second to cleanser, this product is the most important for your skin in the winter for obvious reasons. It will leave your skin moisturized and protected from the dryness of winter air.

A product I recently started using which is also great for winter is rose water. This product is cheap and a great refresher for your face to keep it moisturized throughout the day without having to reapply moisturizer.

These are the products and tips that I found have worked best for me. While these may not work best for you, it is worth a try!

School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.