10 Feelings All Bus Riders Have Experienced

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

1. When the bus pulls away right in front of youYou know that bus driver saw you. Now you have to figure out how to make your sprint to the bus look casual. Remember: You didnt need that bus anyway.

2. When a bus pulls up, but its Not in ServiceThats just a tease.

3. When you miss the ICS, but a Special pulls up right behind it.Maybe you got good karma from recycling your water bottle earlier or actually listening to the people handing out fliers on the commons– either way, youre thankful.

4. When 40+ people are standing in front of Warren and one—already full— bus pulls up.This is the closest thing to the Hunger Games that you will ever have to deal with.

5. When the bus driver pulls away before you’ve found a seat.Its fine; youre cool laying in the middle of the aisle. Step around me, please.

6. When you catch yourself staring at someone.Your phone is dead, and there are only so many things to look at on a bus. I get it.

7. When someone sits a little too close.There wasnt even a whole seat next to you, but that didnt stop this adult man from sitting there.

8. When someone you kinda know sits right across from you.After a few minutes of ignoring Greg from that lecture two years ago, you give up and try to waveOh okay no, he didnt see. Okay go back to ignoring.

9. When the bus is too full to get to the door.Youve spent the last three minutes basically hugging a stranger, and now you cant even get out. Well, looks like youre riding it all the way to Memorial.

10. When the bus driver tells you to have a nice day as you’re leaving.Your faith in humanity is restored, and you actually manage to say Thank you!before they drive away.

I am a junior at JMU studying Media Arts & Design- Corporate Communication. I am a member of Phi Mu Fraternity in addition to Her Campus! I was born in Troy, OH and grew up in both Kings Mountain, NC and Richmond, VA. I am the oldest child, the only blonde in my immediate family, and the only one who has 20/20 vision.