This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

These Red Velvet Cookies and Cream Bars are perfect for Valentine’s Day! I recently made them for a HerCampus bake sale and they were soooo good! Another great thing is that they were fairly easy to make. I used a recipe from Delish and it was by Lena Abraham. Here is the link to the exact recipe: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a58116/red-velvet-cookies-and-cream-bars-recipe/. This recipe makes 36 bars. I also changed a few things make up for things I did not have.

Ingredients

2 box red velvet cake mix

2 large eggs

1 cup butter (melted)

4 tbsp. milk

½ tsp. salt

1 pack Party Size Oreos

1 pack White Chocolate Chips

Melted Milk Chocolate (for drizzling)

Directions

• Preheat oven to 350° and spray two 9”x11” pans with baking spray. In a bowl mix together the cake mix, egg, butter, milk, and salt. Evenly separate the batter into the two pans. Lay Oreos on top of the batter in an even layer and make sure to press down on the Oreos so they are flush with the batter.
  • Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes and let it cool completely. Take about 12 Oreos and crush them up in order to create an Oreo crumble that will be placed on top of the bars.
  • Put the white chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until they are melted. Pour the melted white chocolate over the brownies and smooth it out. Before the chocolate dries sprinkle some of the crumbled Oreos on top.
  • Place the bars into the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Use the melted Milk Chocolate to drizzle on top and place them back into the refrigerator for another 5 minutes.
  • Take the bars out of the fridge, cut them into squares, and share with your friends and family 😊
Riya Roy

Jefferson '24

Hi! I'm Riya, a Senior Pre-Med major at Jefferson! I'm from Northeast Philly and I've lived there my whole life. I enjoy reading, art, baking and binge watching Netflix! This year, I'm one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus Jefferson and I'm so excited!! Hope you enjoy my articles :)