This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

To say I am burnt out is an understatement. Coming back from Winter break was refreshing and I thought this semester would go smoothly for me because of how relaxed and refreshed I felt. But boy was I wrong!

In the past few months of the Spring semester, my work overload and study time have been through the roof, and I often feel like I can’t breathe through the piles of assignments I have to do. Between homework, projects, quizzes, exams, and work, I am really struggling to find the positive side of things when I don’t do well on assignments despite the countless hours and effort I am putting into them. In order to try to stay positive, I just remind myself that Spring break starts at the end of next week, and I have never been more ready to be away from campus.

My break starts after I take my Organic Chemistry II exam on Friday afternoon when my boyfriend travels to my apartment. From there, we will drive to Atlantic City, New Jersey with my dad’s family for a nice weekend trip at the beach (this will be so freeing and relaxing for me). My boyfriend and I will be sharing a room with my younger sister and her boyfriend while my dad, stepmom, and younger siblings share the other. We plan on enjoying the local restaurants and fun activities on the boardwalk, going to the Island Waterpark next to our hotel, and spending some quality time with each other away from life’s difficulties. Aside from that weekend trip, I plan on just spending time working and doing things I love with people I love and care about.

My hope over break is to come back to school with a more confident mindset so that I can perform to the very best of my abilities for the remainder of the school year.

My name is Haley Rymarkiewicz and I am currently a Pre-Med Student at Thomas Jefferson University. In my free time, I love reading, dancing, painting, and listening to music. One fun fact about me is that I am the oldest of five siblings!