jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

How to Make the Most of Your Mornings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

It’s so easy to fall into the routine of waking up to the sound of your dreaded alarm in the morning and be completely exhausted. It can be so much easier to get out of bed knowing you have breakfast you meal prepped the night before waiting for you!

One of the main reasons why I slacked off on eating breakfast during the school year was because I didn’t have enough time in the morning. What I really mean by that, like many other college students, is that I stayed up late studying or finishing assignments and tried to salvage as much sleep as possible before my morning alarms. If you’re anything like me, you wait until the last possible second before getting out of bed.

To make the most out of your mornings, be sure to follow some of these helpful tips and tricks that have significantly changed my mornings!

1. Pack your bag the night before!

· Charge your electronic devices the night before and pack them away so you’re less tempted to use them before bed!

· Put all of your required books you’ll need away!

· If you’re motivated enough, pick your outfit out for the following day the night before so you can get dressed quickly rather than wasting time picking the perfect outfit

2. Prep your breakfast, lunch and midday snack the night before!

· Taking a few minutes out of the end of your day to make a fruit and veggie smoothie, a healthy lunch, and a filling snack for in-between classes can really make your day and keep your energy levels up!

· Be sure to fill up and refrigerate your water bottle the night before as well!

3. Self-Care & Health

· Brush sure to brush and floss your teeth every morning for a fresh start

· Wash your face before classes and apply a primer to avoid oily skin throughout the day!

· Take your multivitamins and any medications you may need before getting dressed

· Make your bed! I can’t stress this enough! Before leaving for a long day of classes, make your bed with care. There’s nothing more rewarding than returning home to a made bed ready for you to sleep in.

· Keep the list of things you need to do in the morning to a minimum, you’ll be motivated to get ready faster and out the door sooner than expected just in time for your morning class!

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C.S. Lewis