Apple Cider Recipe – Spice Up A Cozy Afternoon!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Fall is creeping up on us! Pumpkins, leaves, and fall drinks! Apple cider is very popular to get nearby at Linvilla Orchards, but I wanted to share a delicious apple cider recipe that can be made at home. This can also be such a cute and cozy fall date in the kitchen! This recipe is from my favorite food blogger, Half Baked Harvest! I hope you all get a chance to make it this season and enjoy it!

Ingredients

• 10-12 apples quartered, I use honey crisp and granny smith
  • 1 pomegranate quartered (optional)
  • 1 orange quartered
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon sticks or 1 cinnamon
  • 2-6 tablespoons maple syrup depending on your taste

Instructions

1. Add the apple, pomegranate, orange, cinnamon sticks and 2 tablespoons maple syrup to your crockpot. Immerse the ingredients with water (about 5-6 cups). Cover with a lid and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4-5 hours. Alternately you can combine everything in a large soup pot and cook over medium heat for 3 hours or until the apples begin to break down.
  2. Carefully strain the mixture through a mesh strainer, discard the fruit and cinnamon sticks. If desired strain the cider one more time to remove any pulp. Taste and adjust the maple syrup to your liking. Serve warm or cold. Cider will keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
I am Alessandra and I'm a HSCI Pre-pharmacy student. I love beauty, skincare, fashion, and anything lifestyle! :)