A Healthy Dinner Recipe for College Students  

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

As a college student that cooks for herself, I can confidently say I have mastered some quick and yummy dishes for a typical school week. I am a 3 meals a day type of girl and having a balanced diet is something that is important to me, mentally and physically. But, we barely have the time to cook and do the dishes after, so time is another factor that must play a role in yummy dishes. This past week my roommate, Kaylee, and I recreated a DIY recipe based off of a harvest bowl she had eaten over the weekend. Here is a customized recipe of how we made our own vegetarian harvest bowl!

Ingredients  

Trader Joe’s Vegan Creamy Dill Dressing  

Quinoa (or rice if you don’t like quinoa)  

Avocado  

Impossible “Meat” 

Hummus  

Chickpeas 

Corn  

Broccoli 

Spring Mix  

Onion 

Sweet potatoes (if preferred)  

Summarized Recipe  

1. Start with your Quinoa since it takes the longest to cook. 

2. Heat up a tablespoon of olive oil and roast your chickpeas and corn.  

3. In a different pan, roast your broccoli or any other veggie that you’re cooking. After the beans have roasted, put them in a separate bowl and in the same pan cook your impossible meat with the sauteed onion. 

4. Once your meat is cooked, toss in your quinoa, chickpeas, corn, spring mix, and broccoli. Keep it in your pan till the spring mix has sautéed and become soft.  

5. Plate your bowl, add the hummus and dill dressing, and top with avocado bits. 

And Enjoy! This is a recipe me and my friend used so you can tweak it to your own preference if you don’t like something. 

Jasleen Multani

Jefferson '26

I am a Thomas Jefferson student majoring in Biochemistry.