This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

It’s the New Year, which is always my favorite time of the year! The New Year for me brings peace and new beginnings. This past year has been one of the worst years for everybody. But even with darkness, there is always (hopefully) some light. For some, it could be family and loved ones. Working out, meditating, eating cookies and Takis. With everything that happened in 2020 and even the start of 2021, life still goes on. For each New Year, I always set goals. Sometimes I don’t follow through with them, but personally, I feel like I’ve come a long way since last year. So, I’d like to share some of my own goals and positive manifestations I’ve been saying to myself and writing down in my journal for this year!

I have been saying these positive affirmations to myself anytime I have a negative thought about myself or my work ethic:

I am loved. I am confident. I am beautiful. I am strong. I am wealthy. I am worthy.

By saying these positive affirmations to myself, and remembering I am strong, I have been able to quickly get over-anxious or negative thoughts. :)

Some of my goals:

1. Get all A’s this semester
  2. Walk 30 minutes a day
  3. Workout/yoga every day
  4. Eat healthier (no fast food)
  5. Have a better sleep schedule
  6. Self-care each day (journaling, painting, watching Netflix, listen to music, facemask) Do something for yourself!
  7. Make and save every dime you can!

I hope you enjoy this quick article about my 2021 mantras and goals. I want 2021 to be a year of growth for myself. Mind, body, and spirit. I hope whoever is reading this, you do the same for yourself. Take care of yourself, and know you are strong, beautiful, and have the power to live your best life. Even taking the smallest steps can make a huge difference.

Till next time. xo

Jordan Greco

Jefferson '22

Hello, my name is Jordan! I am a nursing student who loves the beach, music, and cheesesteaks!