This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Its November…do you know what that means? It is Peanut Butter Lovers Month! This tradition first started in 1990 when November 4th was Peanut Butter Day, a single day to celebrate peanut butter and then, in 1995, on the 100th year anniversary of the beloved food, the celebration swtiched from a day to a month! As an peanut butter fanatic, advocate, and supporter, I wanted to celebrate by sharing one of my favorite peanut butter recipes! Its super easy so keep reading to find out more!

Peanut butter and banana is a combination that cannot be beat by anything, in my opinion. It is the best of the best and I’m gonna share a recipe for Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal! Its easy and quick to make and have ready for the mornings when you can’t get out of bed early enough for breakfast before class! This recipe makes it easy to never forget the most important meal of the day!

First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray so the oatmeal doesn’t stick.

Then mix these ingredients in a bowl: 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter, 2-4 teaspoons of honey or maple syrup for sweetness, 1 cup of mashed ripened bananas, and 2 eggs. When this is all whisked together, carefully and slowly mix in 1.5 cups of milk! Pretty easy so far right?

Next, get a separate bowl to mix together 2.5 cups of quick oats, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg. After this step is completed, stir in your wet ingredients that you mixed in the first bowl. At this point you can add peanut butter chips to your liking (I mean, the more PB, the merrier, right??)

Pour all this batter into your prepped baking dish and pop it into the oven for 20-30 minutes, checking on it after a while. For a more dry oatmeal, cook longer. When your timer goes off, take the bake out of the oven and let it cool in the pan.

The last step is to mix together 1/3 cup of maple syrup and 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter for the top drizzle! When cooled, drizzle, cut, and enjoy!

Happy Peanut Butter Lovers Month, fellow PB addicts!