This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jax State chapter.

Last August as I packed up my room for the new school year I thought about what it would be like. I planned to have good grades in all my classes, I wanted to spend more time with my friends and make new ones, I wanted to keep my room clean and decorated, and I wanted to exercise and keep in shape. I knew it would be hard to balance it all but I thought that if I worked hard I could accomplish my goal. In reality my year would be a lot harder than I thought.

As I moved in, I realized how embarrassingly unprepared I actually was. I had nothing to go up on my walls, no curtains for my window or closet, no picture printed out for my bulletin board, and no idea what color scheme I wanted to go with (because I had decided last minute I wanted to change it from freshmen year which meant everything had to go). Ive slowly begun to organize it and decorate it throughout the year but it still has a long way to go before its finished, but I guess there is always next year.

One of my other goals for sophomore year was to exercise and stay in shape. But as I got more into the school year and felt more and more overwhelmed by all the school work, I kept this goal less and less. It was so hard to find the motivation to go running or swimming or biking when I had spent all night and all day studying for a test or doing homework. I am trying to stick to this goal this semester though, I even joined a masters swim team where I work.

Two of the goals I did accomplish last semester were keeping my grades up, making new friends and, keeping up with my old friends. I spent a lot of time last semester studying and working for all A’s, which somehow, I managed to do.

All in all, though, I’ve had great time as a sophomore at Jax State. It may not have gone exactly according to plan, but they say tell God your plans and he laughs. I honestly couldn’t have asked for a better time so far.

Hannah Knight

Jax State '18

Georgia Native. Panhellenic President. Communications Major.