jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jax State chapter.

After a week of fun filled activities all across our campus, Homecoming week concluded with the football game on Saturday.  The tailgate before the game was a huge success as friends, family, and alumni all gathered together to show off their red and white pride. Live music, good food, and fun games kept people on Dillion field until the game began.

Gamecock fans began to pour into Burgess-Snow in the minutes leading up to kick off, and they were all ready to cheer on JSU to another win. The heat could not keep people away on this Saturday afternoon as the Gamecocks hosted the Governors from Austin Peay State University in Tennessee. This was a big Ohio Valley Conference game for both of these schools.

Shouts and cheers filled up the stadium throughout the game, the Marching Southerners kept everyone entertained, and the football team played amazing. Four quarters later and the Gamecocks pulled out a 48-32 win over the visiting Governors. What a perfect way to end homecoming week with a win! The Gamecocks advance to 3-1 and remain first in the Ohio Valley Conference. Yes, it is great to be a Jax State Gamecock!

Julia Webb

Jax State '21

I am a sophomore at Jacksonville State University majoring in nursing.
Nana Barimah

Jax State '21

My name is Nana Barimah. I am a Junior-ish at Jacksonville State University. I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Jax State