This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

What better way to celebrate any holiday than with gnomes? Gnomes have taken over every holiday decoration and now cookies. Honestly, I think they are so cute and hilarious- what isn’t funny about a gnome celebrating American independence or the day of love?

This cookie recipe is adorable and you’ll want to keep them sitting on your kitchen counter until you taste how good they are. Then it’s gnomes “gnome” more (was that funny?).

https://justisafourletterword.com/

Andrea Updyke’s recipe is so easy to follow with lots of details on how to prep, bake, and decorate! She includes a mini shopping list and alternatives. If you want to check it out, click on the picture above.

Expect the entire process to take approximately 45 minutes, using these ingredients:

• 1 pack of sugar cookie dough
  • White Frosting (24 oz)
  • 24 Strawberries
  • 24 M&Ms (any kind, but there are Valentine’s flavors!)
  • Sprinkles (any kind)

To make the base of your gnomes (cookie cups):

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Prep a muffin pan with oil or muffin liners
  2. Place dough into each muffin cup. You do not need to flatten/roll dough.
  3. Bake cookies for 20 minutes and allow to cool.
  4. While still warm, take a small scoop/spoon to gently press the cookies into a cup shape to make your base.
  5. Allow base to cool completely before removing.

Now it’s time to decorate and shape up your gnome!

1. Clean your strawberries and cut the tops off for a straight base.
  2. Melt pink chocolate and Crisco (small amount) until smooth, in microwave by 30 second intervals. Stir in between until mixture is smooth.
  3. Push a fork into the large side of each strawberry, then dip into the melted chocolate. (NOTE: You can also leave some of the strawberries un-dipped and use some of the chocolate to add a sprinkle.)
  4. Transfer strawberry to wax paper to dry- slide the large side of the strawberry off the fork so the hat is right side up. Repeat.
  5. Before the chocolate sets completely, add sprinkles.
  6. Pipe the white frosting onto your cooled cookies/muffins.
  7. Then push a strawberry on top of the icing and add a candy nose (M&M) just under the strawberry.
  8. Take a toothpick to spread some of the icing down to create the white beard.

I hope you try this recipe and love it! Happy Valentine’s Day! xoxo

Madison is a nursing major with a drive to make a positive impact on others. As head CC, Madison collaborates with her co-CC to make the IUP chapter fun, welcoming, and creative! Her Campus has opened the door for opportunity and friendship for Madison that she hopes to share with others.