This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Spring break is the perfect time for a mental reset after midterms. Even if you’re not traveling, you can still make the most of your break by taking some time for self care!

• Take a bubble bath to relax your body and your mind. Light some candles and add epsom salts to your bath for an even more relaxing experience.
    • Spend time outside if the weather is nice. Even if you’re someone who doesn’t like exercise, a short walk outside in the sun can be a great mood booster!
      • Take at least one mental health day. Give yourself permission to not be productive. Many people, myself included, tend to feel guilty when they’re not accomplishing tasks, but it’s okay to give your mind a rest and spend a day binge watching TV, or whatever low-energy activity you prefer.
      • Do a social media cleanse. You can do this in several ways. You can hold off on using your devices for the first hour after waking up, which makes a bigger impact than you might think. If you’re feeling braver, you could try to go a day without using your phone, aside from important messages obviously. If neither of these ideas sound like something you want to try, you can still do a social media cleanse by going through your following list and unfollowing people and accounts that drain your energy or affect your mood negatively.
          • Engage in hobbies you don’t have time for during the semester. We’ve all said it before, “I want to do this, but I’m just too busy with homework.” Well, (hopefully) now’s your chance to use some of your free time to read that book, or learn that new skill, or beat that level in your video game. Whatever you’ve been wanting to do… do it!
            Hi, my name is Julie. I’m an English major and Journalism minor at IUP. I am the president of the IUP Book Club as well as a member of an on-campus writing group. In my free time, I enjoy writing fiction stories.