absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Recipes to Keep You in The Fall Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Pumpkin Bread With Cream Cheese Filling

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/502784745890778933/?nic=1

INGREDIENTS:

CREAM CHEESE FILLING

• 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

BREAD INGREDIENTS

• 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
  2. For the cream cheese middle: In a medium bowl using an electric mixer combine the cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg, and the vanilla and beat until smooth. Set aside.
  3. For the bread: In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and the pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
  4. In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat together the vegetable oil, sugar, eggs, and the pumpkin puree until well combined.
  5. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture a little at a time, stir until just evenly combined.
  6. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the top of this layer and spread evenly, then add the remaining batter.
  7. Bake for 65 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. For softer edges cover with foil the last 15 minutes of baking. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing, then place on a wire rack and cool completely before slicing.

Homemade Crock Pot Pumpkin Latte

https://thrivinghomeblog.com/crock-pot-pumpkin-spiced-latte/

INGREDIENTS: 

6 cups whole milk

6 cups of strongly brewed coffee

1/2 cup pumpkin puree

1/4 cup real (or pure) vanilla extract

1/2 cup sugar

2 teaspoons cinnamon

3 cinnamon sticks

INSTRUCTIONS:

In your crockpot, combine the milk and coffee.

Whip together the pumpkin, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon. Pour mixture into the crockpot.

Stir everything together and then toss in 3-4 cinnamon sticks.

Cover the crockpot, and cook on high for 2 hours.

Pumpkin Spice Treats

https://www.mommakesjoy.com/pumpkin-spice-krispie-treats-festive/

INGREDIENTS: 

4 cups mini marshmallows

6 cups of rice krispie cereal

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1/4 cup pumpkin puree

3 tbsp. butter

INSTRUCTIONS: 

Spread your 1/4 cup pumpkin puree on cheesecloth or between several paper towels and let it sit for 45 minutes, getting rid of the excess moisture in the pumpkin (alternatively, reduce pumpkin puree to 1/8 cup or omit entirely). *Removing as much moisture as possible is important, or your treats won’t turn out right!*

In a large pan, melt your butter on medium-low heat and add 4 cups mini marshmallows.

Add your pumpkin puree to your melted marshmallows along with your cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.

Toss in your rice krispie cereal and stir.

Pour your treat mix into a 9×13 greased baking pan. Cover your treat mix with parchment paper and press your treat mix into the pan.

Allow your treats to cool, and enjoy!

Hi, my name is Christyn Beichner. I am a sophomore at Indiana University of Pennsylvania in Hospitality Management.