Pickles
Pickles
Christin Urso / Spoon

My Go-To Fried Pickle Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

As someone who loves pickles, I was beyond excited to come across this recipe on Tik-Tok a few months ago. It’s super easy, cheap, and in my opinion these pickles are restaurant quality.

What you’ll need:

• Dill Pickle Spears
  • Egg Roll Wrappers
  • Your preferred cheese (I normally go with either Havarti or Pepper Jack)
  • Flavorless Oil (for Deep-frying)
  • Siracha
  • Ranch

First, you’re going to want to prep your oil in a large pot or cast iron skillet. Pour in 2-3 inches of oil and let it heat to 360 degrees F.

While you’re waiting for your oil to heat, you can prepare your dipping sauce that consists of only two ingredients: sriracha and ranch. In a small bowl, mix together equal parts of each sauce (or add more or less depending on how spicy you want it!).

Next, prepare your pickles by using a paper towel to absorb excess moisture. After drying the pickles, you’re going to grab your egg roll wrappers and place a piece of cheese in the center of the wrapper, followed by a pickle. Using the leftover pickle juice to seal the folds, you are going to fold the wrapper in half (it should look like a triangle), followed by folding in the sides, then rolling it up like a burrito.

Once your pickles are all tightly wrapped, it’s time to fry them! Prepare a plate lined with a paper towel then carefully place a few pickles at a time into your heated oil. Set a timer for 3 minutes and flip the pickles occasionally until the entire wrapper is a golden brown.

Finally, you’re ready to serve these delicious fried pickles! Cut each pickle diagonally (or leave them whole – I don’t judge) and serve with your dipping sauce.

Lastly, enjoy!

Cat Mom. Journalism Major. HUGE Harry Styles Fan. True Crime Lover.