This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

As the temperatures drop and the winter months approach, so do the dreaded beauty problems most of us women encounter: dull complexions, dry hands, and the inevitable dry and damaged locks. Winter doesn’t always have to entail these skin and beauty problems though. By eating right and consuming the right nutrients, you can banish all your beauty dilemmas this winter season and feel comfortable in your own skin!

Winter Beauty Dilemma #1: dull, dry, complexion

Slathering on lotion can only help momentarily, but eating the right foods can help you from the inside out. Try munching on foods such as salmon and nuts, which contain omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids hydrate your skin and keep lines and wrinkles from being defined.

Winter Beauty Dilemma #2: dry, chapped, skin

Milk isn’t just for your bones, ladies, but also for your skin. The naturally occurring fats and lactic acid in the milk keep your skin nourished and hydrated, while also acting as an exfoliator. Add roughly two cups to your warm bathwater and relax for about 15 minutes.

Winter Beauty Dilemma #3: overabundance of facial wrinkles

After washing our face twice a day, windburn on the cheeks, and over application of makeup, our face can get hit hard with damage. Consuming foods rich in vitamin C, such as citrus fruits including strawberries, oranges, and pineapple can help keep your collagen levels high, making your skin look nice and plump and wrinkle free.

Winter Beauty Dilemma #4: itchy scalp

Massaging vitamin E rich oils such as olive or coconut oil into your scalp before your shower can alleviate the itch and prevent dryness.  If you think you have build-up from all the hair products you have been using, rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar, followed by your regular shampooing routine.

Winter Beauty Dilemma #5: acne

Not only is green tea perfect for drinking when the weather gets cold, but it’s a great antinflamatory, especially for acne.  Green tea is also a great skin protectant for melanoma.

Winter Beauty Dilemma #6: aero-radiant skin

Missing your sun kissed glow from summer time? You can get a nice winter glow, too. Apples are great for improving blood flow and getting that nice winter glow on your cheeks

Winter Beauty Dilemma #7: getting sick…all the time

Walking around with a box of tissue, puffy eyes, and a runny nose is the opposite of sexy. Boost your immunity with fruits and vegetables high in vitamin C: oranges, squash, lemons , guavas, grapes, and pineapple.

Hey everyone! My name is Tabitha and I'm currently a junior at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Growing up with a bodybuilding father and a twinkie/brownie loving mother, the topic of food always ricocheted off the walls in my home. Living with two people who followed two different lifestyles sparked an interest in food, which led to my passion of nutrition and choosing the major of Nutrition-Dietetics track. When I'm not online scoping out new recipes and health articles I can be seen lifting at the gym, online shopping on my porch, or enjoying dinner with some great friends.