7 Reasons It’s Time To Move On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

So we all have that one guy who we love so much that we would do anything for and don’t want to give up; however, sometimes you can only take so much until it’s time to move on. Here are 7 reasons that show us that it might be time to give him up…

1. He Doesn’t Treat You the Way He Should 

If he doesn’t treat you like the Princess you are, it’s time to move on.  You should feel like the happiest person in the world.  He should put a smile on your face everyday no matter what. 

2. He Isn’t Giving You Enough Attention

If you are constantly waiting for him to text you back or notice you, it isn’t worth it anymore.  You shouldn’t have to hope for him to pay attention to you.  He should want to show you off to all of his friends, not hide you in public.

3. You Are Putting in More Effort Than You Should

You shouldn’t be the only one to put effort in your relationship.  He should be willing to fight for you.  If you have to fight with him to make your relationship work, move on.  You shouldn’t tire yourself out by trying to make something work that your partner doesn’t fight for also.

4. You Shouldn’t Be Jealous of Anyone Else

If everyday you are worried that your love may have feelings for someone else, you shouldn’t be feeling that way.  You shouldn’t be jealous that any other girl has his attention more than you.  You should never be competing for your man’s heart or attention.  No other girl compares to you.  Don’t let them tear you down. Jealousy is also a sign of trust issues, so if you can’t trust your man, then he shouldn’t be your man. 

5. You Aren’t Yourself Anymore 

You catch yourself crying every single night wishing you did something different.  You start to lose interest in activities that once made you love life.  You want to sleep your life away so you don’t have any problems to worry about.  You feel sad all of the time and think this is all of your fault.  You should never get to this low of a point in your life because it is not healthy.  Do not let one boy ruin you so much where you don’t even know who you are anymore.

6. The Feelings Are Changing 

At the beginning of every relationship you two are inseparable and so lovey dovey.  You know it’s time to move on when you cause each other anger and disappointment.  You start to realize that if they let you down once, they keep doing it over and over.  Just seeing each other makes you angry.  What was once love during the “honeymoon period” has turned into resentment and frustration.

7. You Live in Past Memories 

You catch yourself constantly reminiscing on memories when everything was so perfect.  You wish you could go back to the days where those hugs meant so much to you and you could laugh and joke around with each other.  Those memories are the only thing that are providing you with the hope to stick around.

You have that feeling in you that things will work out in the end.  You imagine being so happy again with each other, it just takes time.  But no one should have to feel like they are only an option and that they aren’t good enough.  Don’t let one boy ruin your happiness or who you are as a person.  It is time to let go; you are beautiful and this is only a lesson to be learned.  Someone is out there who will cherish your presence like you are all they have.  Time heals everything.  XOXO :)

Hellooo! I am your average teenage girl besides all of the quirkiness and energy I carry along with me :) I am a freshman at IUP and is looking to change my major to business management and exercise science!