This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

I have always been one to listen to podcasts, especially during the summertime. Hot girl walks are the perfect time and place to pop those earbuds in and put on a podcast. Come August, the time where school is usually always getting back in session, and I tend to forget podcasts exist. I blast music for hours upon hours each week.

Because it is winter, and I am in the second semester of my freshman year of college, I am in a peak of constant stress and anxiety. I feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day to get the work done that I need to, and the lack of sunshine and good weather has resulted in a complete lack of motivation.

I am also struggling to figure out what I want to change my major to, so you can definitely say I’m going through it right now. One thing that has helped me recently, was rediscovering my favorite podcasts. 

Moments Podcast; Lexi Hidalgo (Self-Improvement)

This podcast is my all time favorite. Lexi is someone who seems to be going through the same things as me, or just knows what to topics to talk about for her listeners. I feel like she gets me, and is someone who completely understands what I’m going through and how it makes me feel. She gives such great motivational and inspiring words, and I truly feel like we’re the same person. It’s crazy to think this, considering she doesn’t even know I exist, but she is such an inspiring person in everything that she does. I love Lexi Hidalgo, I follow her on all of her social media platforms; she is such an amazing and genuine person! I have listened to every episode, and I would recommend this podcast all day, everyday, to anyone who cares to listen.

Anything Goes; Emma Chamberlain (Self-Improvement)

This is actually the first podcast that I listened to when I decided to look into the world of podcasts. I was always someone who watched her videos on YouTube. So once she announced that she was going to start a podcast, I started listening to it immediately. I don’t find interest in every episode, but there are definitely a lot that I love! She talks about a wide array of topics like fashion, creativity, her personal experiences; she’ll also sometimes just have a session for ranting. This is another great podcast that I highly recommend.

Overall Thoughts

Those are my two main podcasts that I listen to all of the time, I seriously love them so much! My podcast taste is very particular, I love to hear people talk about self-improvement, mental health, how to change your routine to find beauty in the small things, but sometimes I love to throw some comedy in there as well! I highly recommend getting into podcasts, they truly help you see life in a new perspective, and they can be very beneficial for your mental health. Here are some more recommendations that you might find interesting;

1. Call Her Daddy: Alex Cooper (comedy)
  2. Digital Diary With Hannah Elise (personal journals) 
  3. Healthy But Human: Callie Jardine-Gualy (self improvement) 
  4. Hot Girl Energy Podcast: Kaylie Stewart (self improvement) 
  5. Was That TMI?: Sadie Crowell (personal journals) 
  6. Angel Hour Radio With Renee Rapp (music commentary) 
  7. 13: A Taylor Swift Fan Podcast: KiddNation (music)
Mikenna McFadden is a member of the HerCampus IUP chapter, and her writing varies across the entertainment aspect of news. Mikenna is also apart of the social media team, where she posts relatable content on the club's TikTok account! At IUP, Mikenna is expected to graduate in the Spring of 2027. In Mikenna's free time she enjoy reading, watching movies, and listening to music. Some of her favorite singers include Taylor Swift, Gracie Abrams, Harry Styles, Renee Rapp, Olivia Rodrigo, Tate McRae, and Noah Kahan! Mikenna is a huge fan of all of these things, and they spark a lot of her inspiration for her articles!