This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

While Fashion Week is generally known as the most anticipated event where globally recognized fashion designers reveal their new lines, it is also a chance for makeup artists to showcase fresh, innovative beauty trends that will be adopted by millions.  Although many of the featured looks appear extreme and unrealistic (those bleached eyebrows need to go) for a normal woman, there are several other trends that can be achieved by Collegiette.

Ponytails/Braids

A sleek ponytail or braid is not only chic, but is also so easy to achieve – especially in those 10 minutes you have before you leave for class.

Barely There

A fresh, clean face and a few swipes of mascara are all you need to master this look. 

Bold Brows

Stop tweezing!  Thick, feathery brows are now the rage.  If yours are lacking the volume, try filling them in with a brow pencil or gel.

Metallic Accents

Adding some silver or gold eye shadow transforms your look from simple to sexy.

Glow

Glowing skin is a must this winter.  A swipe of highlighter on your cheeks and brow bones will have you looking beautifully youthful.

Lashes

Add some drama to your lashes by playing around with falsies, or by opting for a voluminous mascara.

Vampy Lips

Take a trip to the dark side by incorporating a deep, oxblood hue into your makeup routine. 

Victoria Scheller is a Junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in Journalism with a specialization in Public Relations and Advertising. Besides being a contributing writer for HCIU, Tori is an active member of Zeta Tau Alpha at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include fashion, beauty, big cities, country music and hot sauce. She also spends an ungodly amount of time updating her personal blog, Victoria Grace @ http://victoriagracescheller.blogspot.com