sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Gabe McHaffie ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

THE BASICS:Name & Nickname: Gabe or Gabriel, whichever you prefer. Sometimes I go by Dave or David, A.B., Gabey Baby and Angel Face (#Subtweet)Major: TelecommunicationsYear & Age: Senior, 22Hometown: Carmel, INRelationship Status: SingleExtra Curricular Activities: Brospective blogger at Her Campus IU, peer minister at St. Paul Newman Center and FYAmbassadorGreek, or Nah: Nah

FAVES:Big Boy Beverage: I’m a fan of Blue Moon for sureB-Town Bar: Nick’sParty Theme: MustacheSuper Hero: The AvatarNetflix Movie/Show: Currently, “The Walking Dead”Celebrity Crush: Scarlett JohanssonChick Flick: “A Walk to Remember”First Date Food: Italian is always goodIce Cream Topper: OreosCoffee Order: Tea

HCIU: As a full-time student with a part-time job and a handful of extra curricular activities, we’re curious as to how you manage it all. What’s a day-in-the-busy-life look like for you?GH: I wake up around 9 a.m.; then go to class. I work the lunch shift at a sorority as a server before finishing up the rest of my classes. I do homework when I get home and then peer minister at the St. Paul Newman Center.

HCIU: With such a busy daily schedule, weekends must be your catch-up-on-breathing days. What do you look forward to most when Friday finally rolls around?GH: I live far enough away from Bloomington that it’s hard to travel home as much as I’d like, but I look forward to when I can. During my family visits I usually hang out with my little brother. He’s eight, so we play Wii and he draws me pictures.

HCIU: Well, as busy as you are, HCIU and our readers really appreciate your confessions of the male mind. What’s your favorite part about reporting for HCIU’s Brospective blog?GH: I like receiving questions that make me think critically. There’s only so much I can say about guys’ favorite fashion trends.

HCIU: As a Brospective blogger, you’ve become HCIU’s expert on relationship advice. Now we’d like to flip the lens on you. What’s your ideal first date consist of?GH: Well, a beautiful girl is a prerequisite. Lots of laughing and some kind of physical activity, like stargazing, rather than the traditional sit-down dinner and movie agenda. And ice cream to wrap up the night, of course.

HCIU: And, how do you feel about being approached by women?GH: It’s not my favorite.*

HCIU: If letting someone else take care of introductions, then what else turns you off?GH: Uncomfortable silence is my biggest turn off. You should own the silence.

HCIU: And, while we’re on the topic, what’s your biggest pet peeve?GH: If I ask a girl out, she should give me a yes or no answer. Indirectness, maybes or anything else but “yes” or “no” is just rude.

HCIU: Finally, most men find something or another particularly confusing about females. What don’t you understand about women?GH: Women, in general.

*TBA – Stay tuned to the Brospective blog for more deets.Photos from the personal photo collection of Gabe McHaffie

Kelsey is a junior at Indiana University where she is majoring in journalism and concentrating in informatics. She began her Her Campus experience as a contributing writer in Fall 2012. Kelsey was incredibly excited to begin her new role on the HCIU team as co-campus correspondent last fall. When she's not studying or writing, Kelsey enjoys a sipping a strong cup o' joe, reviving thrift store wardrobes and drooling over Netflix eye candy.